- XY Adviser is committed to protecting your privacy and seeks to provide the best possible service to our users.
- We implement various methods to safeguard your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
- XY Adviser deals with information privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act.
- XY Adviser is required to collect some information to ensure that you are eligible to use our services.
- The information we collect allows us to keep you updated on XY Advisers latest announcements, services and upcoming events. XY Adviser also uses your personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver and improve our services and content.
Information we Collect
- When you sign up to the website you will be required to create an account. In doing so you will be asked to provide your personal information including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences and credit card information.
- We also collect some additional personal details through a detailed survey you will be required to complete when you first sign up. These details will be in respect of your age, occupation, gender, qualifications and any other reasonable information pertaining to the use of our services.
- The information collected in the survey will be used to compile industry reports and for benchmarking purposes. At any time the information is shared with a third party the information will be de-identified.
- We may use the personal information we collect from you to compile your personal profile. You may then at your own discretion share this profile publicly on the site to show other users a bit about yourself and what you do.
- When you sign up to our service you allow us to collect and authenticate the information that you have given to us.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
- It is important to us that we are consistently providing you with the best possible service. For this reason we will require that where available, you update your personal information so we can ensure that we continue to provide you with content that is relevant to you.
- Updating your personal information also ensures that if need be, we will be able to verify your identity.
- You have the right to access your personal information, unless, we are permitted by law to withhold that information. Any requests for access to your personal information should be made to us in writing.
How we Collect and Store your Personal Information
- XY Adviser will generally collect your personal information directly from you, including when you use the website, however, we may receive information from third party websites that we are affiliated with.
- XY Adviser will also indirectly collect information from you about the services on our site that you are using and how you like to use them via, the use of certain programs that will inform us of the patterns of use of our site.
- XY Adviser uses the information that we collect primarily to benefit your user experience by ensuring that we are able to keep up to date with what our users want and need.
Third Party Disclosure
- As XY Adviser works with numerous individuals and organisations to tailor make programs to suit our users needs, we will at times disclose information to these parties for the purposes of collecting data to be used to better our users experience.
- We do not share any personal information with companies, organisation and individuals outside of XY Adviser unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent – we will always ask you before we share any of your information
- For legal reasons – we will share your personal information with any company, organisation or individual if it is necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigations of potential user breaches of our terms;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of XY Adviser, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To confirm your identity, such as when you contact us with an inquiry;
- To conduct research about our training programs; and
- For other everyday business purposes that involve collecting data and information from our users for the purpose of improving our services to XY Adviser users.
- XY Adviser attempts to do everything possible to protect our users from unauthorised access or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold, in particular we implement the following services to ensure that our users information stay private and confidential pursuant to our terms:
- Identity Verification processes;
- Data will be stored securely on our servers, protected by passwords and only accessible by authorised personnel;
- We do not hold your credit card details, they are held by an external third party
- Where possible, we will inform you, at or before the time of collecting your personal information, the types of organisations that we intend to disclose your personal information to.
- When you participate in some of our courses, or use some of the features of our site, including participating in surveys, we may provide this information to our partner organisations to analyse the data to better our services. We will not disclose any personal information without your consent, however the data collected in surveys may be passed on, but will always be de-indentified unless we inform you otherwise.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about our services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, information about seminars and conventions, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting us in writing.
- Occasionally, we may, in our discretion, make changes to this policy in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. When we make these changes to the agreement we will provide you with prominent notice appropriate to the circumstances. Your continued use of our services will constitute as acceptance of those changes.