Loop Closer, System Builder, Master of Organisation, Founder Wrangler, Godzilla of Getting Stuff Done!
We are recruiting on behalf of a Financial Services firm located in Melbourne CBD, so just for clarity, the job won’t be with us (The Social Adviser). This is a young and fast growing, high service Financial Planning Business.
The real info you need is that the Business Owner is a hard-working Director/Financial Planner that needs someone that he likes and trusts to work alongside him and his team to serve the fantastic client base of the business. There will be significant client contact and responsibility for coordination of the business, the business systems and the director himself.
This role would ideally suit someone with experience working in a CSO role within a Financial Planning Business, who is looking for a growth opportunity and the chance to develop into the practice manager of the firm.
We believe in being honest and whilst the Director, like all of us, is not perfect he does really care about his family, his team and his clients. He wants someone to help free him to work on the business and to spend more time in front of clients. This is a ground floor opportunity to help create systems and processes and to be instrumental in shaping the potential of this business as it grows.
No one actually wants to say it like it is, talk like humans and be straight up with each other. Well… we don’t have the time to waste on following outdated hiring and recruitment protocols and we figure that as someone obsessed with efficiency and getting stuff done, you don’t either!
If you are the kind of person that likes counting down the hours until you finish work, or you’re just waiting around for the weekend, then DON’T read any further (but feel free to apply for some of those other positions where you can be a robot and do what you are told).
This is your chance to be part of something amazing and to put your stamp on working as part of a team where making a difference for others comes first and what we get out of it comes as a bonus.
Who you are;
• You are organized, stapler slinging, you love getting things done right, and figuring out better systems keeps you up at night. You don’t need direction to organise, it is in your blood.
• While you are obsessed with efficiency you are also not afraid to go out on a limb and make a few mistakes to figure out how to do things better.
• What drives you even more than efficiency is making sure that things get finished, that loops get closed, especially when you are not the one responsible for a task completion.
• You have no problems with the fact that your friends make jokes about you because you correct their grammar and spelling.
• You have no qualms about and need no permission to 1) Nag your boss or colleagues (in the pursuit of efficiency or loop closing). 2) Suggest new systems or processes for things other people don’t see as needing improvement. 3) Play devil’s advocate openly when your organisational spider sense is ringing alarm bells.
• If you don’t know something, instead of spending time inefficiently worrying, you create a structured plan to find the answer and then you follow it (because you know you can work out how to do anything if you decide to).
• Sometimes people may find you unemotional (but you know your spreadsheet or checklist, tells people exactly how you feel). Besides, you have already passed the point in your life where you have learned that investing a little in the soft and fluffy areas of collaboration and empathy is actually about efficiency ;-).
• You have no problems working with a visionary leader; who wants to do too much at once and who seems disorganised to you. In fact, while you may pretend to be frustrated at times, you also recognise the opportunity to challenge your need to organise and make things happen and it will be your pleasure to help turn vision into reality.
• You are experienced in our field, and the kind of person you are means you are going to figure things out quickly.